Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Drive with FET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

I need to drive a 2A motor from a logic signal.The attachment shows how I drive.I use IRF630 mosfet.
I should use two seperate power supplies but for testing purposes I use one power supply with same ground.

The problem is most of the time the LED goes off when the motor starts to operate.

How to solve this?

Attachments

• Motor Drive.JPG
    Motor Drive.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 100
  • IRF630.pdf
    277.8 KB · Views: 117
Does this happen only when using one power source? The motor might just be causing a voltage sag which causes the voltage to drop which causes the LED current to drop.

So just try using the two voltage sources. Or if you use one voltage source, increase the voltage a bit, or decrease the LED resistor value a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back