Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mif_tronics

i have a 24V DC motor with 4 wires, 2 wires is input and i never used the other. but when i o'scope it produce a sine wave when i operate the motor. the frequency goes higher as the motor moving faster.
i dont know what it is exactly but someone told me it is a resolver, is that true?
i think i can make a tachometer by using it, any suggestion how to? and how do i calibrate it?

Attachments

• DC motor.JPG
    DC motor.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 117
i have a 24V DC motor with 4 wires, 2 wires is input and i never used the other. but when i o'scope it produce a sine wave when i operate the motor. the frequency goes higher as the motor moving faster.
i dont know what it is exactly but someone told me it is a resolver, is that true?
i think i can make a tachometer by using it, any suggestion how to? and how do i calibrate it?

Sounds like a auxiliary generator winding used for speed feedback. One could wire the windings to a op amp comparator to convert to variable frequency square waves then then measure with a frequency counter type circuit or process with a micro controller chip to convert to RPM and display as you wish.

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back