Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

this is more electrical than electronics, but im sure someone will know how to do this. there is a lift in a 3-floor building. it is controled by a switch outside only. no switches inside the lift. what i need is a way to stop the motor when its level with the floor. i know how i can start/stop the motor but not sure how to get it to stop exactly where i want it.

another problem is the switch to call the lift on the second floor. it needs to know where the lift is (either up or down) so it knows which way to turn the motor. from the top and bottom, this is easy to do.

any1 kno of a way to do this? itll prob have to slow down as it comes near to the floor, but how can i do this? . the motor is 3 phase 400V

You need a lift controller to determine which direction the motor is to turn and for the other control functions.

This could be either electronic or electromechanical (ie. use relays).

Detection of when the lift is at a floor could be done with a light beam that is broken by the lift when it is approaching the floor thus slowing the motor and a "fine tuning" beam at the point the lift is to stop.

Len

Yea, and to know WHERE the lift is: assume that the lift can't be between two consecutive floors, so it's at some floor. You could inquire from each "floor" sensor and the one that's cut will tell you which way to go.

Other than that, ljcox has a good proposition :)

Here is an idea.

Place a RF, IR, or superbright Led on the lift box. At the top of the lift shaft put a sensing transducer. Because the intensity of the recieved signal will very as the range you should be able to experimentally determine the sensing circuit parameters for the proper position at each floor.

Because dust, humidity, and other factors will affect the attenuation of your transmitter; it would seem some type of RF device would be best suited.

To "Call" the lift: The position signal can be compared to the target reference. That reference could then be used control motor direction.

There are auto manufacturing companies putting small radar units on high end models. Researching those systems might give you some ideas.

Gavilan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back