Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokoboy

I am pretty new to this but i will give it a try. i want to control a DC motor's speed and direction so i looked up ideas on google and i decided to purchase **broken link removed** . After assembly and checking the circuit over and over again i hooked up the motor and the power source. I am using 12v at 500 mA power source and the motor is rated for 6 volts. When everything is connected i get nothing out of the motor. Do i need to up the voltage or is there something else i need to do. Please help

For a 6V motor 12V supply is too high. It is good if you can apply the same voltage that needs to the motor.

If you sure with your MOTOR then the problem with your kit.
You are lucky all the components are well marked & no HIDDEN or name ERASED components. So easily can repair.

Mostly target devices that can cause to burn are the two MOSFETS & the LM324 in your circuit. Try replacing them.

i'd imagine that 12v would still work though. just check over everything really well, and if it's all good, it's either your motor is ruined, or you power supply is dead?

Have you tested the motor separately on a 6V supply?

Have you tested the controller with a different 12V motor?

ya i have tested the motor on a 6 volt and a 12 volt supply and it works with both. i think i will try and replace the MOSFETS and see what happens.

What about the controller though?

If you don't have a spare motor you could use a 12V incandescent light bulb and test to see if it dims properly at lower speed settings.

yep tried two diff motors nothing coming through. think i must have a bad connection or something. thanks for the help though

Jokoboy

if u want to control the speed and rotation of the motor why not hook a potentiometer to it? or put a reverse bias to it with a diode? then wire it up..

hamm3rst0rm said:
if u want to control the speed and rotation of the motor why not hook a potentiometer to it? or put a reverse bias to it with a diode? then wire it up.
DO NOT connect a motor to a pot. The pot will burn out.

A reverse-biased diode in series with the motor won't pass current so the motor won't run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back