Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwame

Hi friends
i have bought a 12v dc motor .the motor gives or subtends an angle of 90 degrees which is not suitable for my application. I want the motor to subtend an angle of not more than 60 degrees and stop without getting to90 degrees.
Friends,how do i go about this successfully?

Happy easter
kwame

Hi friends
i have bought a 12v dc motor .the motor gives or subtends an angle of 90 degrees which is not suitable for my application. I want the motor to subtend an angle of not more than 60 degrees and stop without getting to90 degrees.
Friends,how do i go about this successfully?
I am going to use a timer so that the motor moves from zero degrees to 60 degrees and stay there for an hour.Then return to zero degrees for an hour.Then the cycle continues indefinitely !How do i make the motor not go beyond 90 degrees on each occasion?

Happy easter
kwame

or use a stepper, more accurate. You may have to use a micro-controller, the same micro-controller could also keep track of the time and reverse the motion after an hour.

micro controller

Dear Arunb
thanks for the advice.I am a novice when it comes to micro-controllers.Can you point out one particular micro controller on the net which can do this job as effeciently as effeciently as possible.That is a micro-controller which could also keep track of the time and reverse the motion after an hour.
Kwame

or use a stepper, more accurate. You may have to use a micro-controller, the same micro-controller could also keep track of the time and reverse the motion after an hour.

Resources

Dear friends
africa needs technology not aid!I need old books ,brochures etc to improve my knowledge on micro controllers,limit switches and automation in general.If any body can send me books in any of these areas i would be very grateful.My adress is:
Wisdom Kwame samlafo
P.O box C0 2185
Tema-Ghana

Dear Arunb
thanks for the advice.I am a novice when it comes to micro-controllers.Can you point out one particular micro controller on the net which can do this job as effeciently as effeciently as possible.That is a micro-controller which could also keep track of the time and reverse the motion after an hour.
Kwame

nope... all he needs it to use a step/direction stepper controller and a little logic... a counter to change the direction input when it steps to the end of the travel

dan

He already has the motor!

But it would be nice to know more about it and also what it will be used for.

Last edited:
Dear friends
africa needs technology not aid!I need old books ,brochures etc to improve my knowledge on micro controllers,limit switches and automation in general.If any body can send me books in any of these areas i would be very grateful.My adress is:
Wisdom Kwame samlafo
P.O box C0 2185
Tema-Ghana

Do you have a printer? The information you're looking for can usually be found on the internet. I've literally printed my own books off the 'net, sometimes by using information from several sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back