Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor control with PIC 16F84

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekiz77

I'm new in microcontrollers.The project I have to complete is :speed regulation of electromotor ( It's my decision which type )Could someone help me with this problems :
which electromotor is the best solution for control ( stepper or servo ) and what kind of a motor can I find in car toys?
the speed of the motor is controled via potentiometer
Greetings!

hi
i think cd-rom, vcd player or walkman motors good for the microcontrollers.

don.vito said:
hi
i think cd-rom, vcd player or walkman motors good for the microcontrollers.
Thank you for interesting.
Does anyone have a scheme for stepper motor control with PIC and potentiometer.
I need help for this project. Is it easier to use stepper motor driver chip(like UNC 5804 ) or to control with transistors.

You need to be more explicit about EXACTLY what you're trying to do, different motor types are suitable for different applications - also, what do you mean by 'control' - speed?, position?, direction?, number of turns?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
You need to be more explicit about EXACTLY what you're trying to do, different motor types are suitable for different applications - also, what do you mean by 'control' - speed?, position?, direction?, number of turns?.
The task is to control the speed of the motor via potentiometar. No feedback, no LED indication,just simple control- I need to speed up and slow down the motor.I'm a beginner in microcontrollers and electronics and my main problem is which type of motor to choose and electronic scheme of the circuit.My friend have an old ink-jet, Lexmark, and I can use the stepp motor from it, or is there some other types of motors which are easier to control.Any advice and scheme could help.

Depends what you mean by 'speed'? - you can easily change the power to a DC motor using PWM, but without feedback the speed will vary with the load. A stepper motor doesn't really rotate, it moves one step at a time, by stepping it fast enough you give the illusion of smooth rotation - but they are very much slower than a DC motor - perhaps a couple of hundred RPM's?.

Assuming very slow speed is all that's required?, then a stepper would allow you to accurately set the speed - so is probably the best option.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Depends what you mean by 'speed'? - you can easily change the power to a DC motor using PWM, but without feedback the speed will vary with the load. A stepper motor doesn't really rotate, it moves one step at a time, by stepping it fast enough you give the illusion of smooth rotation - but they are very much slower than a DC motor - perhaps a couple of hundred RPM's?.

Assuming very slow speed is all that's required?, then a stepper would allow you to accurately set the speed - so is probably the best option.
Exactly. The task is just to change the speed of the motor it doesn't matter which type of motor I use. There would be no load on the motor's shaft I just have to show that with adjusting potentiometar I can increase or decrease the speed of the shaft. So any help with electonic scheme would be welcome and advice which program to use ( easier to learn ) : asemler, microC or microBasic.

In that case I would probably use a stepper, you can control the speed of it very accurately, and because it's slow the speed change is very obvious.

As you're using an antique PIC, it doesn't have analogue inputs - but if you check my joystick tutorial that shows how to read a pot using a simple capacitor charging technique.

Nigel Goodwin said:
In that case I would probably use a stepper, you can control the speed of it very accurately, and because it's slow the speed change is very obvious.

As you're using an antique PIC, it doesn't have analogue inputs - but if you check my joystick tutorial that shows how to read a pot using a simple capacitor charging technique.
I find 2 schemes for the circuit, what do you think about it?Which is better on your opinion?

Attachments

• fig09.gif
    fig09.gif
    7 KB · Views: 1,674
  • step2_1.gif
    step2_1.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 3,508
Nigel Goodwin said:
Personally I'd use the one with the transistors, there's no need for a driver IC, it's simple to perform the stepping in the PIC.
Thank you for advice. Best wishes.

pic16f84

i need source code for interfacing stepper motor using 16f84 controller plz send interface diagram and codes..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back