Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Control Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabneytr

I posted a request to see if someone can help me produce an IC to control a motor. I need the motor to move clockwise for 15 secs and then counter clockwise for 15 sec. The machine I have is currently controlled by 2 relays; 2 delay switches, and a cammed micro switch to toggle the relays (CW/CCW). The current system is unreliable with solder fatigue and the switch goes bad yearly.
I attached a picture of the current control to help. The power is provided via a separate timer that I set for a given period of time. When the timer goes off, the system shuts down. This part of the control is fine.

There are five sets of components in picture that I assume would go away:
2 relays in the back; micro switch on left; 2 1 sec delay switches; and the capacitor next to the motor.

Not a student. Any help, recommendations, and/or options would be appreciated. If the price isn't too bad, I can even pay someone to give me something that works!

Thanks in advance,
Tom
advancesigns@msn.com

Attachments

• JET USA Relay.JPG
    JET USA Relay.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 139
you might be able to use a 555 timer with some transistors(dont know your power supply) set the time with capacitors, when output goes high the motor goes one way and when it goes low(use some sort of inverter ic) it goes the other way.

Based on my limited knowledge; I was thinking the same with a 555 timer. Hopefully someone else could help with some more guidance. The power is typical 110V house current directly to the relays via switch; Currently, the micro switch is a two way type switch that alternates between one relay, then the other relay....I assume the delay allow a brief pause as not to cause an abrupt switch in direction at the motor.

a 555 timer output could produce 15 seconds on, then 15 seconds of, you might be able to use the on, to trigger a relay for the motor to go one way, and the off to go the other, or if you needed both outputs to be postive, you would need to use some sort of inverter to make them both positive, does this sound like something you want to do? the 555 outputs power alone should be inuf to trigger the relays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back