Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor circuit (beginner question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan127

Hi. I'm trying to make a circuit with a 3v coin cell, a locking push switch, and a motor. I haven't soldered it yet as I want to make sure it works first, so I am using electrical tape. However, when the circuit is complete, nothing happens (the motor doesn't spin). This is probably really simple, but I'm new.
Also, if I need any extra components, could you let me know ASAP as I will need to order them.
Thanks.

What kind of motor are you using?
A coin cell may not be big enough to run a motor.

Ya thats a pritty big motor for a coin cell, try it with a regular cell AA or AAA.

Try touching wires to the ends of an AA cell from the motor terminals. If that gives you enough motor power then buy a 1-AA cell battery holder for a more permanent solution.

Is anybody here old enough to remember a #6 dry cell battery? It weighed a few pounds and could cause a paper clip to light up like a light bulb.
I used it 54 years ago to heat the glow plug on my model airplane engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back