Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motocycle Horn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumieus

Does motocycle horn function like a speaker?
Whats are the different?
Motocycle horn are water proof right? How about speaker?

Thank ÝòóÙ

Last edited:
Um...Ok, so what's your point? BTW, From the dictionary; a circuit is a circular journey or one beginning and ending at the same place; a round.

Well there sort of the same I guess, in the sense that both take electricty and make sound, but as Blueroom says, I horn is more of a buzzer with a single tone. I horn will make noise by simply connecting a direct current to it, a speaker needs a circuit to generate a tone in order for it to make a sound.

I don't know that a motorcycle horn is waterproof...... Weather resistant maybe, but certinly not made to be used under water.....

The original post was edited thus making my last post seem like nonsense.

Last edited:
It's an electromechanical buzzer.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

It's an electromechanical buzzer.
. . .working at a freq. designed to cut through traffic noise.
Cars have dual horns with a high and low tone, the high to cut through noise and the low to carry distances.

Last edited:
I didn't know that, some bikes have dual horns too.

I make a siren circuit and connect the output to motocycle horn, the sound was very low..
but when i connect the output to speaker, the sound is loud.

So what's the problem?

Thank You

I make a siren circuit and connect the output to motocycle horn, the sound was very low..
but when i connect the output to speaker, the sound is loud.

It takes much more current to drive the horn, which is likely to be rated for 12V and quite a few A, than the small amount required to drive the speaker.

inspirational message for the day

A guy gets into a motorcycle accident. He can't find one of his arms. It's on a nearby rooftop.

The horn is not a speaker.

If you try to drive it with enough power to be loud then it will just go beep.

Stick with the speaker - it's designed for the job.

If you want to use a horn then use two different frequency horns and switch them alternately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back