Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayanpad

Dear All,

Can I have an idea to design a motion simulator using micro controller

What I need is to simulate my driving seat accordant to my game video

Please advice

Thanks in advance

F=ma
Define what vibration acceleration levels you want to feel, or what force actuator you can provide then compute the power required and limitations of displacement. Arcades might be using hydraulic Pistons for a larger range of motion. Road vibration might only be using imbalanced motor weight exciters.

Tony Grate thanks for the reply

My main issue is how we capture the inputs from the film ( Video ) to activate vibration according to the motion

Hoped you will understand my issue

please advice
Thanks in advance

programs like VLC can compute and display Motion vectors. So use that program to understand and interface to it. You have a long way to go in understanding how it should work.

My main issue is how we capture the inputs from the film ( Video )
Unless you have access to the source code of the game software, or can hook into its functions somehow, you will presumably need to analyse on-screen images and process them. Looks like some code writing is called for ;).

Thanks again and again

Is VLC language or software ? Could I have link it ?

Can you please explain it more

Thanks in advance

Unless you have access to the source code of the game software, or can hook into its functions somehow, you will presumably need to analyse on-screen images and process them. Looks like some code writing is called for ;).

Dear alec Thanks for the reply

You mean every standard game comes with motion signals that we can use to drive the seat

Please advice
Thanks in advance

videolan.org for VLC is an open video player that can do much more but not likely effective for your goal to process 3D rendering into 2D then into vector motion and not take a big hit on CPU/GPU performance.

Thanks tony
Could you please give me an idea ...working procedure of commercially available motion simulators

As an Example

Like 5.1 sound system, the audio or video file have separate track recording that only we can have real 5.1

like wise ..... have the game video recorded on it motion signals?

Hoped you should understand my question

Please advice
Thanks in advance

You mean every standard game comes with motion signals that we can use to drive the seat
No, I didn't mean that. It would be nice if they did! Commercial game software is proprietary, so wouldn't have convenient hooks or accessible functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back