Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motion sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please help me to find motion sensor circuit to connect swith ON/OFF light bulbs.
I have a circuit (Light activated with LDR) and I want to connect a motion sensor part to it.

Many thanks.

Motion sensors are just an op amp with filter. There are 2 types - active ones, ultra sonic and micro wave or passive thats infra red. I would stay away from infra red because the layout is critical. Where you place the pyro and how you divide what it sees in order to sense motion.

Ultra sonic would be the best for a hobby. Do a search on ultra sonic transducers and look at the aplication notes. The basic idea is you feed a wave in one tranducer and use the filter circuit to detect changes in the received wave form. The ultra sonics will bounce around room, off the pot plant, ceiling and fish tank, as the is no movement the recieved signal will be constant. In practice these sensors are only good if you move directly towards or away from them, slow movement across them is hard to detect without it being so sensitive it will fasle alarm every 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back