Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion Sensor + Wireless Doorbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99

As my very first electronics experience (aside from taking apart nintendo games 30 years ago), I'd like to link a consumer motion detector alarm (one of those cheap battery operated ones with the integrated siren: **broken link removed**) to the remote control of a wireless doorbell (**broken link removed**). The plan would be to "attach" the wires that go to the siren to the button on the remote, hoping it will make the doorbell ring. As you can see, I'm totally incompetent... Do you think this might work? Is there anything (constructive) you can tell me that will help me succeed?

Many thanks in advance
Chris

Hi Chris and welcome to the forums. Yes, with some hacking and chopping you could likely get the effect you want. Can't say I would go about it that way. The problem I see with the linked to items is they each likely do what they are supposed to do in their own rite. Unfortunately they do not have data sheets with detailed schematics. That in turn makes it difficult to interface things like this with each other creating a system. There are plenty of PIR motion sensors out there with data sheets.

Ron

Thanks a lot Ron for the quick answer. As soon as I have some free time I'll try to see what happens... I might come back with some funny questions!

Cheers
Chris

No problem Chris, feel free to post questions anytime.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back