Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion sensor switch controlling light

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasvinbindra

Hiya guys. I have two problems. I'm not sure if these problems are too complex because I am a beginner. I would be very grateful if someone found a solution to these problems.

My first issue is that I want to create a light which turns on when detects motion. But I also a switch to determine whether or not to use the motion detecting option. So in a way, there are two modes, number one where the light is constantly on, and number two when the light uses the motion detector to turn on. Could someone please suggest some components I could use and maybe a circuit diagram?

My second issue is with the power input of my light. In order to power the light, I want a battery. This battery will be charged by the mains and a solar cell. Once again could someone upload a circuit diagram with both the problems above? Could someone please help quickly and I would be very very grateful if this problem is solved.

Thank you

My first issue is that I want to create a light which turns on when detects motion. But I also a switch to determine whether or not to use the motion detecting option
There are commercial products that are very inexpensive that do what you want already, no sense in re-inventing the wheel.

So you want to start with a PIR sensor as can be seen here. Since you choose not to list your location I haven't a clue where you can find one but a PIR sensor would be the start of the system. You don't mention the lamp voltage? However, the PIR sensor would turn on maybe a transistor to drive the light. The PIR sensor circuit could be bypassed using a simple SPDT switch. How you choose to maintain the battery is up to you. Since you want to turn on a light you need to decide if you want the circuit to only operate during hours of darkness. This is your school project and the members here will offer advice but nobody will do your schoolwork or school project for you.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back