Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion Detector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_1

Hi

I have two metal plates. One is rotating, and the other is static. I want to detect the moving plate whenever it passes over the static one. The distance between them is about 1" (2.5cm).
I can put any electronic components on the static plate, but I can't have anything electronic on the moving one.
I am not sure how to approach it, any idea will help.

Thanks in advance.

joe_1 said:
Hi

I have two metal plates. One is rotating, and the other is static. I want to detect the moving plate whenever it passes over the static one. The distance between them is about 1" (2.5cm).
I can put any electronic components on the static plate, but I can't have anything electronic on the moving one.
I am not sure how to approach it, any idea will help.

Thanks in advance.
put a small magnet in the rotaing plate and a reed switch in the static plate.

or if the rotating plate can reflect , use an led/ldr couple , so that light from led will be refledted back to the ldr by the rotating plate(for low speed, use IR+PD for high speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back