Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion detector output

Status
Not open for further replies.

iver89

Hi. Last summer I found a big box of old alarm system stuff, motion detectors, firealarms and so on. I thought that i might could use the two motion detectors there, and connect them to the computer I use for controlling my room (lights, alarms, cameras etc).

But what kind of output does this things give? I could'nt find any datasheets or things like that, so I'm asking you guys for help. The modell of this motion detector is PIR1710. It has 6 wires coming out of it, of course two of them are for power.

Anyone?

iver89 said:
Hi. Last summer I found a big box of old alarm system stuff, motion detectors, firealarms and so on. I thought that i might could use the two motion detectors there, and connect them to the computer I use for controlling my room (lights, alarms, cameras etc).

But what kind of output does this things give? I could'nt find any datasheets or things like that, so I'm asking you guys for help. The modell of this motion detector is PIR1710. It has 6 wires coming out of it, of course two of them are for power.

Anyone?

From what I can remember two of the wires are the output from the PIR, and will either make or break (these are the two connected to the alarm system). The extra pair of wires are anti-tamper, they connect to a permanently armed section of the alarm - so when it's turned off, if someone trys to take it apart to sabotage it the alarm will be triggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back