Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motherboard replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles01

i am currently using an ASROCK KS87SX motherboard and it has some burnt connecting pins on the power socket which connects to the power supply. i am running Windows XP Professional and i want to replace the motherboard with the same tpye and version. do i have to re-run windows aagain or i can use my same hard disk drive without reformatting it
thank youin advance

Check your power supply before connecting to new motherboard!

Power p/supply up with everything to your motherboard,disk drives disconnected first,on the main motherboard plug from power supply there will be a pin with about +5v,usually a gray wire,short this to 0v rail(black wire),this is power supply on signal,the fan in the power supply should run,check +5v,+12v,-12v,-5v supplies,if o.k then disconnect your start-up link on main plug,connect to new motherboard as normal,hard disks etc.

Hi guy no need of reformatting the system.Operating system(windows xp,vista) are stored in the harddisk and not motherboard.If the motherboard is exactly the same thing with the old one,it must work after fixing ur hardwares together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back