Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.EM

Hello. I am essentially looking for a way to convert a changing voltage into a changine resistance. I hear that a MOSFET is required, and after looking at it online, it does sound right.

Basically, I currently have a potentiometer (470k) to adjust a parameter, but I want to be able to modulate that parameter, but at higher speed than I can turn the control knob back and forth. The current through the 470k is always very low.

I want the modulation source to be a 555 oscillator going through an integrator to rectify it into a triangular wave. The varying voltage should be from 0-5 volts i'm guessing.

For those who want to know, this is an idea for an LFO on an oscillator.

Can anyone suggest a suitable MOSFET? Cheers.

Yes, a JFet.
MPF102 is a good Choice.
But I Think you will need to Change that Voltage range Downward a Bit, with a Resistor Divider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back