Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet, transistor, SCR testing. DMM and build a test circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

For starters, I am working on a pair of identical Mosfets. I would like to build a test device (or order if cheap) to test these since I keep running into them...

The mosfets I am working on now are IRF730s. IIRC, there should NEVER be conduction between the drain and source unless commanded by the gate. I show one as open, the other as closed... I am also showing continuity between the gate and source. Could someone clear this up?

Also, regarding the tester, does someone have a simple circuit with use of maybe batteries or something to definitively test them? Probably need minor changes for SCRs and such.

hi,
I Googled for a fet tester circuit
Lots of hits.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back