Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET non-inverting buffer in an IC package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusttree

I'm using the schematic in the attached image as a non-inverting buffer. I'm using that buffer multiple times throughout my circuit to switch multiple different voltages. The input to the gate of the n-mosfet will be either 3.3V or 5V.

Does an IC product exist that is basically the electrical equivalent to that type of buffer? All of the IC buffers I've found are limited in some way or another. These are my requirements:
1. Less than 1.5mA current consumption.
2. 3V Vgs-on for n-mosfet
3. 3.3V, 5V, or 10V at p-mosfet source

Basically, I have multiple source voltages that I want to be able to switch on and off with logic level signals from a microcontroller. I already have my circuit laid out using multiple iterations of 2 mosfets and 2 resistors, but I'd sure love to condense the board up a little with some ICs. Can anyone suggest where to look?

Thanks!

Attachments

• mosfet_switch.jpeg
    mosfet_switch.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
Would a CD4066 do the job?

Thanks for your reply alec_t. I actually came across that part while searching, but I think it fails the on-voltage requirement for my circuit. The datasheet shows Vihc (control input high voltage) to be 7V minimum for a 10V signal. I need to be able to activate the 10V signal with 3V. Unless I'm misunderstanding the datasheet, I don't think that part will work for me.

I'm struggling a bit with this datasheet, but I think "Input High Voltage, Vih Min" is the minimum turn-on voltage. At 3.5V, that's just a little higher than the 3V I need =/. Thanks though! Let me know if I'm misinterpreting the datasheet.

Have you considered a quad comparator like LM339? You would need a pullup resistor on each output. A single logic threshold voltage could suffice for all comparators on the board.

Is the P-channel device a low resistance device intended to provide power to a load? If so, how much current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back