Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet gate driver IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmta

Hi all,

Can you recomend me a MOSFET gate driver IC for me from Texas Instruments. This is for a H bridge to control a brushed DC motor. I am using IRF530.

Regards

Do you plan to PWM the motor, if so what frequency. Mosfet drive is about charging and discharge the input capacitance in the required amount of time. The faster the switching speeds the higher the drive current required. Look at gate charge which is about 30 nano-columbs for IR530.

Roughly required peak gate drive current is equal to Qgate/risetime desired. For example, for 300 nsec switching time you need 30 nC / 300 nsec = 100 mA driver. IR530 is old part and not very fast compared to today's latest MOSFET's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back