Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET equation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I'm doing a large mechatronic project and need to do some MOSFET calculations, so I can do a theoretically/practical analysis. I found the equation for Drain-Source current, but can't figure out where to get the values from. Does someone know where to find the first four values for e.a. the MOSFET IRFZ34N?

Equation link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOSFET

Attachments

• MOSFET.png
    MOSFET.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 578
The first 4 are constants so I would look at the data sheet and extract Id, Vgs, Vth & Vds from the tables and graphs and calculate k

where k = u C W/L

You won't find Cox, W, or L on any power MOSFET datasheet (or anywhere else except in the engineering department at the factory). Do your analysis using the data in the datasheet. As a practical matter, that equation is useless, except to engineers who design transistors.

EDIT: Len posted while I was composing. I suppose you could work backwards to get k, but I doubt it would be helpful in your analysis.

I would use the MOSFET curves given on the data sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back