Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushpa

hi,
Find the attached schematic, i am using this circuit to drive high side n-channel mosfet...
i am feeding the PWM signal from a ATMega 88 controller of 20KHz varing duty cycle from 0-90%.but the driver circuit works till 70% if i try to feed above 70% it is folding back WHAT MIGHT BE THE REASON FOR this behavior what is the solution to come out from this problem...??????? using pulse transformer

Regard's
Pushpa

Attachments

• SCHEMATIC1 _ DC-DC.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 211
You can not make a transformer pass 0% (near 0) and 100% (near 100). A transformer can not pass DC or near DC. It works best at 50%. We can extend its range some. If you know much about duty cycle/ transformers/ fly-back voltages etc you will see why the transformer has problems.

Look at LM5104. It will drive from 0% through about 95%. It can not go to 100%

I notice D10 and D11 are shown with opposite polarity. Shouldn't D10 be the other way round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back