Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

MOSFET Bridge Rectifier With Low Forward Drop, Works With Capacitive Output 2017-01-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

crutschow

Most Helpful Member
crutschow submitted a new article:

MOSFET Bridge Rectifier with Low Forward Drop for Capacitor Output - MOSFET Bridge Rectifier gives high efficiency for low voltage, high current AC-DC supplies

The lowest input to output voltage drop you can get with a standard bridge rectifier is nearly a volt through the 2 conducting diodes for each half cycle, even with Schottky diodes in the bridge.
That can generate a dissipation of about a watt per amp of output current in the bridge diodes.

A MOSFET bridge circuit has a very low voltage drop, as determined by the ON resistance of the selected MOSFETs, thus it can be less than a 100 millivolts for common, low on-resistance MOSFETs, even for...

Last edited:
One question. I note that the 10mOhm resistor is for a particular voltage, to give 7mv bias to the comparator. Is it possible to make this dynamic based on the voltage in and if so what would you suggest? The reason I ask is I'm aiming for a 36V rectifier (I'll take care of Vgs as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back