Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

More / Other 8-pin IC Voltage Regulators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippogriff

Hi,

I use either the ADP667 or MAX667 (I managed to buy a small batch of both off eBay months ago) in my LED circuits, to provide a fixed 5V to my PIC, and I like them. As I'm now running out, I was wondering if anyone knew of other pin-compatible ICs? These things seem to be quite hard to get hold of at a reasonable price and eBay is letting me down. I'm not currently sure what else to look for if I'm searching for ICs that give out 5V without loads of extra components. Are there other 'clones' out there, or have these ICs been succeeded by other models I'm not aware of?

Err

Hi,

I use either the ADP667 or MAX667 (I managed to buy a small batch of both off eBay months ago) in my LED circuits, to provide a fixed 5V to my PIC, and I like them. As I'm now running out, I was wondering if anyone knew of other pin-compatible ICs? These things seem to be quite hard to get hold of at a reasonable price and eBay is letting me down. I'm not currently sure what else to look for if I'm searching for ICs that give out 5V without loads of extra components. Are there other 'clones' out there, or have these ICs been succeeded by other models I'm not aware of?

try 78XX series voltage regulators.. These kind of ICs have only 3 pins (Input,Ground,Output),few components count = only two capacitors needed,and is available for a wide range of voltage outputs.. (7805 = 5VDC out, 7808 = 8VDC out,7812 = 12VDC out..etc) the last two digits (78'XX') represents the output voltage the iC can out at pin3 ..

Sorry, but that's why I asked for 8-pin ICs as I like to use them specifically. I've tried the 7805 before - in fact I started with them - and I want absolute minimal components and something that is less chunky. I really don't want to try the 7805 again... if I can help it of course. ;)

Last edited:
There are certainly other 5V regulators available (just Google "5V LDO regulator"), such as the L4931 in a TO-92 case, but if you need an exact 8-pin clone, there may not be any.

The Farnell catalogue has about a zillion linear voltage regulators and maybe 1 out of 4 is the 8pin SMD package.

Or if you just need compact there are tons of 3 pin regs in SOT-23 and SOT-223 which are both smaller than 8pin SOIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back