Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

More infos about Roboticinfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFDuval

Hello!

I know, I'm too curious but I really want to know who you are. From what I read, it seems that you have a quasi illimited budget, you have lot of hi-tech tools and equipement, you are only 15. You tell you are making 2 bots per week. You make commercial bots. Can you give me and the others (I'm probably not the only one to have such questions) more details on you and on what you are doing? It sound rather impossible for me that someone could make as much projects as you seem to do. Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english,

I don't want to seem spoiled but basicly my parents supplyed me with funds for my tools and elec. Basicly when they did that I was looking for a job that I would like and I found a surplus store and got hired and got discount on tools and elec.

I fix computers on the weekdays and weekends for extra money. I help my brother in construction and alot of other stuff.

I got into PICs because it was cheap and was better then the basic stamp 2 I had been using.

Since I usually make a good income I make robots and then sell them.

I don't care much about keeping them but love making them.

Also usually I would think that 2 bots a week is not that steep, I know in your opinion it is, but to me it is basic.

Over here in california we have alot of surplus store and elec.

Rite now I am working on my Hi-tech shed and cannot build a robot until it is done.

So basicly I am stuck rite now.

I am usually very busy but always find time to have fun.

Thanks for posting about me, That is a first on this website.

I told you in the e-mail I got started in computers at age nine and got into robotics at age ten.

:D

Also usually I would like to take a pic of some robots but my digital camera broke from this little girl in Portugal who slamed it down and ran away.
:evil:

I don't have time to send it to a camera shop to replace the lens and elec so I won't get to do it in a whiled.

You do appear to have incredible abilities and phenomenal bad luck.

Mike.

lol thanks I guess, well everything that has a bad side has to have a good side.

Love your robots, I seen one at the surplus store you work at.

How did you build a robot like cybot23 in 5 days?

Well thank you very much, when did you come in?

Ohh that robot was extremely hard to pull of in that amount of time but I got it done.

I have a sleeping disorder which allows me to work alot longer then the average person.

I sold it so it is gone, but it was definitly one of the most uniqe robots I ever built.

At the risk of being rude?, as already suggested you seem uncommonly unlucky, or have a tendency to exaggerate?.

You claim to have built all these robots, yet don't have a single picture of one?, a young girl dropping your camera is a pretty feeble excuse? - did she drop it before you even got it home?.

Then you claim your laptop was stolen?, which had all your robot files on it, have you never heard of backups? - and why would you keep all your work on a laptop? - according to what you've already said you seem excessively wealthy?, and I doubt a single laptop would be your only computer (ignoring the fact you use one to post here).

Documentation and record keeping is a BIG part of building anything, but particularly for a large project such as the robots you claim to have made.

To be honest, I'm rather sceptical about your claims, and starting to believe you may be making it all up?.

It's funny you feel that way but that story is true, I usually made backups but usually keep them in a disk in a backpack which had the laptop in it.
This has happen through time periods and still happens slowly. Weird things seem to happen to me for some reason. Just last month I got attacked by a dog.

I loved my laptop, I was not to crazy for desktops in fact I usually don't even use my desktop. I loved using my laptop because when I needed a software program for fixen someones computer or elec it would be right there.
I don't see how you can't believe this, I spent every single penny I have on rebuilding my shed and have no money to build or replace anything.

I bealive that people in the USA see alot more different things that you see. I have two pictures of robots I made in the past but I am working on my shed so I could open up my online business soon.
Don't even ask me for a domain cause I have not decided on what name to go with. The pictures are in a series of boxes when I open them up I will post them up so you guys don't keep talking smack.
:roll:

lol, no nigel I have seen one of his robots before and it was really thought of and I think it was a extremly good design for a 15 year old.
I think it actually looks like a college level robot. He does build robots but the question is does he actually have that bad of luck.

I'm sorry, when you have someone who is obviously a BS'er, then I doubt your integrity as well.

Post the pics and I may be more sympathetic.

Mike.

P.S. Three weeks ago this guy was asking about such basic stuff that you had to assume he was a complete amateur.

P.P.S Sorry if I appear unsympathetic. I just got in from the pub.

I definitely need a picture. For you to make a robot at 15, (if you are 15), and know every single procedure on how to make one, that is amazing. I never heard of it before. Were you in extra-advanced classes in school?

in fact, I need a picture of you in action making the robot, then we will all believe you!

Dude I made a robot when I was 10, 15 is really old to me for robotics.

You guys must have a boring life in my opinion if you don't think that it is possible. I learned from books, I was always advanced in reading and science and was more advanced at reading then them. I read robotics books when I was 10 years of age. I will bring you a picture when I can access it.

Man you guys have boring lifes, I was smart to start robotics at a young age but you guys startin like at age 50 is a pretty dumb idea, don't you remember this quote "Cant teach a old dog new tricks".

Pommie said:
I'm sorry, when you have someone who is obviously a BS'er, then I doubt your integrity as well.

Post the pics and I may be more sympathetic.

Mike.

P.S. Three weeks ago this guy was asking about such basic stuff that you had to assume he was a complete amateur.

P.P.S Sorry if I appear unsympathetic. I just got in from the pub.

What post was this?
you guys act like you guys are hot shots but are nothinhg but bull ****.
I will show you guys so you will shut you god dam mouth all of you.
This website doesn't think that anyone can be smarter then them or have some areas that they have started at a young age.

I think the only one who is being grown up is me.
:x

Re: reply

Dude I made a robot when I was 10, 15 is really old to me for robotics.

You guys must have a boring life in my opinion if you don't think that it is possible. I learned from books, I was always advanced in reading and science and was more advanced at reading then my class. I read robotics books when I was 10 years of age. I will bring you a picture when I can access it.

Man you guys have boring lifes, I was smart to start robotics at a young age but you guys startin like at age 50 is a pretty dumb idea, don't you remember this quote "Cant teach a old dog new tricks".

Roboticinfo said:
You guys must have a boring life in my opinion if you don't think that it is possible. I was smart to start robotics at a young age but you guys startin like at age 50 is a pretty dumb idea, don't you remember this quote "Cant teach a old dog new tricks".
Roboticinfo said:
This website doesn't think that anyone can be smarter then them or have some areas that they have started at a young age.

I think the only one who is being grown up is me.
:x

Thanks for those precisions. Now I understand you and your questions. If me and others have some difficulties understanding how building as much cool robots as you is possible, it's simply because you are too smart for us! Thanks for this lesson of humility.

P.S.: How can you know that my life is boring? Your super IQ allow you to see this at distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back