Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monostable 555

Status
Not open for further replies.

ertiexd125

We all know that a monostable 555 works as a one shot timing circuit. I have read an article that says when i use a low value capacitor on its RC connection on pin 6 and pin 7 the timing capability will be gone. Is this true? If yes, what is the electronic explanation of these?

help me pls...

There is a limit to the minimum pulse width the 555 can produce accuately. I don't remember off the top of my head what the actual limit is, but it's a pretty small pulse width. The electrical explanation is when an IC is designed, certain goals are defined for it's performance. This IC was designed to work down to a certain minimum pulse width. Getting to work further down makes the part more complex, expensive, etc.

i have attached a circuit diagram here can you explain how the timing capability of the monostable 555 is used.

The author of the circuit only says,

Here, Timing(T)=1.1*68K*0.01uF = 0.000748 seconds. So, as soon as you let light fall on LDR, the LED- D1 switches off.

Attachments

• Automatic-light-using-5553.jpg
    Automatic-light-using-5553.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back