Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monostable 555 timer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letniq

Hi, guys :)
I'm having the following situation.
I have a astable 555 timer and a 555 monostable circuit.
I want to turn off the astable circuit when the start button of the monostable circuit is pushed and when the the monostable circuit turn back to low state the astable circuit to turn on.

What I have in mind is that I can connect the V+ of the astable circuit to the network and connect the V0 to the out of the monostable. In that way the astable will work only when the monostable is in low state. But I'm afraid that astable circuit can burn when its both sides are connected to V+. I'm thinking of adding a diod between out of monostable and the V0 of the astable.
What do you think? Is there another way?

Here is the scheme of what I'm thinking about.

U4 is the monostable and U1 is the astable

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
hi,
Why dont you use the RESET pin of the Astable to stop it while the Monostable is active.?

Use an inverter from the mono output to pull down the astable RESET pin.

The inverter could be just a simple transistor.

Do you follow.?:)

EDIT:
AAesp01..gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back