Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

monitoring diesel generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

gedela28

hi
i need to monitor diesel generator and display the status the things i need to monitor is voltage,current,llop,hct/hwt,overload.
i am new to power electronics can anyone one suggest me how to go ahead.

thanks

Do you want to display the information at the generator, or remotely?
How big is the generator, 1kVA, 10kVA, 1MVA?
What is llop, hct/hwt ?

JimB

hi
i want to display it and llop is low lubricant oil pressure,high cooling temperature ,high water temperature.

hi
i want to display it and llop is low lubricant oil pressure,high cooling temperature ,high water temperature.
You need continuous readings or just sampling?

You have the transducers? If so, post the data sheets for each.

hi

What's the difference between high cooling temperature and high water temperature? (If the water is used for another purpose than cooling)

You can do all of that with one or more data loggers. There are some kit data loggers available that might accomplish what you want. However, most data loggers do not have a built in display.

For temperature monitoring, you could simply use a thermistor and monitor its resistance with a microcontroller. See the following link for a circuit that does this.
**broken link removed**

Regards,

Jeff Fedison
Micro Circuit Labs

Attachments

• DTL_Manual_RevA.pdf
    179.3 KB · Views: 274
Hello,
You can do all of that with one or more data loggers. There are some kit data loggers available that might accomplish what you want. However, most data loggers do not have a built in display.

For temperature monitoring, you could simply use a thermistor and monitor its resistance with a microcontroller. I will post an example of a circuit that does this.

Regards,

Jeff Fedison
Micro Circuit Labs

Last edited:
Example of a simple 1-channel temperature data logger circuit to monitor temperature from -40 to +214F.

Attachments

• dtl_schematic.png
    dtl_schematic.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back