Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monitor to RCA Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwaterwizard

Monitor to RCA Input
I have about 4 monitors laying around.
Is there any way to set up a 15 pin Dell monitor so I can use them on a Video game
like Sony Playstation Nintendo 64 and X-Box?
I want to make a converter to have 1 video RCA input like I have on my TV
so the kids can use the monitors instead of my Big Screen TV.

I got a Fujitsu 42' plasma but it doesn't have the right video input it has the BNC push and lock one can you get a vcr to hook up to your's

This is the Plug on the Monitor.

Attachments

• 15 Pin VGA Connector.GIF
    15 Pin VGA Connector.GIF
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,020
Or do what I have done and bought a Composite to VGA box.

I can use my PC, Xbox, DVD player and CCTV camera through my 19" TFT monitor with it.

Will cost you £30-£60 (around $60 to $100)

Lots to choose from, all do a mediocre job IMO.
**broken link removed**

Ouch! $200, good lord...

Took a quick look, as I need a couple of monitors for my video security. LCD TVs are about twice the price of computer monitors, and only have one VGA out, 2 composite, plus composite out for each channel (4). Is there a composite -> VGA converter, without the TV tuner? Got to be much less expensive.

There is dozens of those gadgets, here is one:
Video to VGA

Some others include NTSC TV tuners and are being sold very cheap because USA is changing to ATSC. Can be now found for ~$40

Seach for "video converters" or "tvbox"

Miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back