Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monitor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

I recently purchased an LG Flatron L1730S LCD Monitor. It's been fine for a week now .. but lately its been behaving wired..
When I put my monitor power off (using the push button switch on the display) for a few minutes and turn turn it on back again, I notice the Power On Indication LED (green light) flashes continously. While this is happening all other buttons (including the Power on) are disabled and the screen dead. The flashing time randomly varies from about 5 seconds to about 3-5-10 minutes. When I try restarting my computer, it has no effect on the monitor.. it continues to flash the Power On LED with screen being completely dead. I also tried the connect the LCD monitor only to the mains and test with w/o the computer.. again the same behaviour.
This random behviour has got me frustrated but I wonder whether this is a preventive mechanism so that a min time is set before on/off .. .if thats the case why is the behviour random ? and more importantly why is this ( refratory ) time random ?? The manual makes no mention of this situation.
Please share your opinions ...
PS: I have contacted the company service dept. and they will be checking this out soon.

i am by no means an electronics guru. C my first post =). but it sounds like it could be your monitor cable. try reseating your connections at the pc and at the back of the monitor. if reseating doesnt work try giving the cable a little jiggle when you have your connections secure and see if that kicks it back on. Good Luck man

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back