Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

monitor and capture data from parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

aral

Does anyone know some software to monitor the PC's parallel port and capture all the sent and received data ? Thanks

aral said:
Does anyone know some software to monitor the PC's parallel port and capture all the sent and received data ? Thanks

hi aral,
Unpack the zip.
Place the two dll's in the Windows/System directory.

You will need to download from the web, [free] the Microsoft Visual Basic 5,runtime files.

Eric

Last edited:
Thanks , but this software only reads 5 pins , I need something which reads all the pins. I need it to read al that has been received and transmited and maybe... write to a file or something .. Thanks !

aral said:
Thanks , but this software only reads 5 pins , I need something which reads all the pins. I need it to read al that has been received and transmited and maybe... write to a file or something .. Thanks !

You use the Port control port to switch the 8 port to bi-directional.
or use the In/Out [4] with o/c buffers, to give 8 input pins.

What do want to log?

EDITED:
For more info:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
hi aral,
Unpack the zip.
Place the two dll's in the Windows/System directory.

You will need to download from the web, [free] the Microsoft Visual Basic 5,runtime files.

Eric

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I have a programming kit for a dongle and would like to see the commands that are being sent between the computer and the dongle and vice versa. I can't see the zip you refer to in your post above. Is this VB code able to do the task I've described?

Thanks very much for your help Eric!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back