Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Momentary switch to switch relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordgtlover

Hi to you all.

I'm brand new here. I've come looking for some assistance on a project that I am trying to build.

I have built an audio A-B box. It simply uses two 12v non latching **broken link removed** to switch between two different audio sources and out through a headphone socket for the purpose of comparing audio equipment, rather than a source selector.

My original built used an push-on push-off switch, but it is quite loud when it click. This alerst the listener to the fact that the source has been swapped. I woudl liek to change the exsiting switch to a silent switch.

After doing a fair bit of looking I have decided that I would like to use a momentary switch - one click for on and another for off. I found a flip flop circuit on the web (link), but after building it and it not working I found that many otehs have had problems with it.

My question for you all is whether someone has a circuit that would suit my needs.

The only other circuit I have found that looks interesting is the 'doing it discretely' circuit at http://www.cpemma.co.uk/flipflop.html

Any thoughts.

Here is a relay Flip Flop that I posted for someone else.

Let me know if you can't obtain a push button with a SPDT contact and I'll show you how to do it with a SPST button.

Attachments

• Relay Flip Flop.png
    Relay Flip Flop.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:
Hi fordgtlover,

if you desire absolute silence for switching your might select a CMOS device (CD4066), an electronic switch with four units in one package. If you are just switching the input signals there should be any problem. The 4066 has an on-resistance of approx. 80 Ohms, but there is another type (forgot the type number) with lower on-resistance in the market.

Using a low noise tactile switch there is almost no noise involved switching sources.

Boncuk

Thnaks to all. I ended up using the doing it discretely flip-flop as linked above. It's a bit large on perfboard, but it works well.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back