Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Momentary contact controlled on/off led light switch 3v

Status
Not open for further replies.

eats tribbles

my knowledge base is beginner at best, but i know what i need. All i want to do is replace a toggle switch with a momentary contact+circuit.

I need to make a led light. The light will come on when a momentary contact switch is pressed(and released), and stay on until the momentary contact switch is pressed(and released).

Does this have a name? is there a simple ic that produces this result at 1.5-3V?

*the voltage and the switch cannot be changed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

It's called a flip-flop.

A 74HC74 will probably work.

You have to debounce a switch contacts, because any electronic device is so fast that it sees a switch as multiple presses and releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back