Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

momentary +12VDC on input to flip the polarity of +12VDC on output for 10 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerminatorX5

Hello.
I am new to this forum, and came here to ask the experts...

My issue -

input - momentary application of +12VDC to input wire should produce

output - (+) 12VDC on one output conductor and (-) on the other conductor for specified period of time (10-15 seconds, should be controllable)

input - momentary application of +12VDC to the same input wire should produce

output - (-) 12VDC on one output conductor and (+) 12 VDC on the other conductor fro specified period of time, reverse of the first momentary application, and should be time restricted, 10-15 seconds.

The purpose of this is to operate the power spindles - with one push of button, the spindles will spin in one direction for 10-15 seconds and then stop, with another push of the same button, the spindles will spin in opposite direction for 10-15 seconds and then stop.

I have tried SPDT, DPDT, timed relays, but I can't get it... I thought, if I can find a DP3T relay, i might accomplish something, but such a relay proved to be rather elusive.

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?

thank you,

TerminatorX5

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome, Cowboybob, really appreciate it.

It seems that the PicoBoo Jr. might be a feasible solution to the issue - I will study this further, and will let you know if something comes out of this idea.

thank you very much,

TerminatorX5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back