Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modules for PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

I am making Boards for me & Just want to share them.

Main Board
PIC16F877A
LM 7805 Regulator
Inchworm connector,
Two conector for all the PORTS,
8 LEDs with SIP resistor connected to a header just for Logic Scope
One LED on Supply.

Comunication Board
RS232 TO TTL converter (MAX232)
RS485 connector (LTC485)
PS2 to PIC connector

4x4 Matrix Key Pad

Share ur comments on these boards and what should be the next boards for me (I mean for a learner)
Thanks.

Attachments

• Main Board.GIF
    Main Board.GIF
    10.5 KB · Views: 416
  • Serial Board.GIF
    Serial Board.GIF
    10.3 KB · Views: 423
  • KeyPad.GIF
    KeyPad.GIF
    11 KB · Views: 288
Protection

Now i am including this circuit to my boards cuz all of my boards will take supply from "Main Board",
and there may a little mistake happen, i can connect wire in wrong direction.
All zeners are 5.1 Volts.

What u say it is right way or not?????

And -870mVolt can burn digital IC's???

Attachments

• Protection.GIF
    Protection.GIF
    2.5 KB · Views: 211
PIC's are amzingly robust - if you connect the power the wrong way the I/O pin protection diodes are forward biased and short the supply out. The chip will get hot, and presumably eventually kill itself if you don't notice.

I've got a PIC 16F628 I placed in the socket the wrong way round, that still has my fingerprint burnt in the top of it! - and that still works fine (PIC as well as the finger!).

It means n oneed of zeners for protection???

once i connect PIC(16F877) with +15 Volts for 3 or 4 seconds by mistake, it burnt, it not working from that time...

my second question,

Ayne said:
It means n oneed of zeners for protection???

once i connect PIC(16F877) with +15 Volts for 3 or 4 seconds by mistake, it burnt, it not working from that time...

15V is a LOT too high, and I would expect it to kill the PIC.

my second question,

My previous reply explained that!.

Small PIC

Another board for,
28 PIN PIC16F873, PIC16F876

Simply IO comes to headers.

Is all PIC16F family comes with same pin arrangement???

Attachments

• PIC 28 pins.GIF
    PIC 28 pins.GIF
    11.3 KB · Views: 344
  • Atari.GIF
    Atari.GIF
    26.7 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
This is just a suggestion.

If you are building the boards for fun and learning why not post the schematics. Doing so may generate some useful suggestions.

If you think others might be interested in the board post eaglecad files (or similar) so others could use the design.

3v0

Last edited:
Infact i am building boards for learning purpose.
and i am not making the schematics for these boards i am directly making PCBs i just saw some boards for guied line.

It will be available for all but later when i will make web,
my web will be about my all the projects.

Are you using a PCB cad program such as EagleCad ? (I think I see a unrouted wires on the mainboard) If you have a problem with a board it is easier to get help if you can post the schematic. You can make very professional looking schematics and boards with this tool.

An article about making your own boards using EagleCad
. This link did not work just now but it has in the past. I do not think it is permanently broken.

3v0

Last edited:
Key PAD

4x4 Matrix Key Pad,

Now i amplaning to design RF board,
i am looking Nigel board Wireless Board for guide line, i want to ask why he use 3 Volt for supplying the RTFQ1, if i supply 5 volt to this module then what will be happen, will it's power be increased???

Which are the common radio modules now a day???

Thanks

Attachments

• Button PCb.GIF
    Button PCb.GIF
    10 KB · Views: 278
  • But Green.GIF
    But Green.GIF
    21.3 KB · Views: 175
3v0
I have used eagle it seems difficult to me
reasons,
1. it has huge library and it is difficult to select part cuz lot of choices,
2. I don't know how to increase track width in it, i don't want to unroute the track but want to increase the track widht which has already routed???
Thanks

Ayne said:
4x4 Matrix Key Pad,

Now i amplaning to design RF board,
i am looking Nigel board Wireless Board for guide line, i want to ask why he use 3 Volt for supplying the RTFQ1, if i supply 5 volt to this module then what will be happen, will it's power be increased???

I used 3V because that's what it's designed to be used at, running it off 5V might increase the range (but make it illegal), or it may kill the module.

Ayne said:
3v0
I have used eagle it seems difficult to me
reasons,
1. it has huge library and it is difficult to select part cuz lot of choices,
2. I don't know how to increase track width in it, i don't want to unroute the track but want to increase the track widht which has already routed???
Thanks

If it was easy....

In regards to the library. A small library would not have the parts you need, a large library makes them hard to find. It is not as daunting as it first seems. Caps, resistors, and inductors are in the RCL library. Inside the RCL library you have a choice between EURO or US symbols. As long as the choosen footprint matches your physical part it will work. A micrometer to measure parts can be handy.

To increase the with of traces select the wrench (change) icon, click on width, then select the width from the provided list. Then click on any trace/track to change it to the size you selected. Any line you create after selecting a width will be the new width. Most everything else can be changed the same way, for example to change pads size change the diameter etc.

If you find you have choosen the wrong part from the library you can change that using change>package. Then click on the part in the schematic and it will allow you to pick a new package/part.

I don't know how to increase track width in it, i don't want to unroute the track but want to increase the track widht which has already routed???
Select CHANGE -> WIDTH (select the width you want from the list)
Click on the net you want to change. You have to click each section of the net.

Perhaps someone else can tell you how to do it in text mode. I just use the mouse, but think text mode is probably easier.

While I was typing, 3v0 beat me on the draw!

Cheap and easy way to control DC motor with PIC,
I want to make a board for DC motor in both direction,
help neede, any circuit any tutorial or any thing else that can help me.
Thanks.

Nigel Goodwin said:
PIC's are amzingly robust - if you connect the power the wrong way the I/O pin protection diodes are forward biased and short the supply out. The chip will get hot, and presumably eventually kill itself if you don't notice.

I've got a PIC 16F628 I placed in the socket the wrong way round, that still has my fingerprint burnt in the top of it! - and that still works fine (PIC as well as the finger!).

Hi Nigel,
it is nice that your finger works, PICs we can replace - finger is -- costly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back