Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modulate

Status
Not open for further replies.

erique82

what if i were to modulate the laser to a lower frequency, say 100MHz? wouldn't that be sufficient enough for an electronic circuit to detect?

**broken link removed**

nah, i want to have a circuit that can detect laser at that frequency. is it possible? that should be around RF frequency right? the problem is.how do i modulate the laser to 100 Mhz. i think the drive circuit shoudnt be as complex right?

erique82 said:
nah, i want to have a circuit that can detect laser at that frequency. is it possible? that should be around RF frequency right? the problem is.how do i modulate the laser to 100 Mhz. i think the drive circuit shoudnt be as complex right?
With 100MHz, the round-trip distance for 360 degrees is about 1.5 meters. Have you thought about how you will handle distances farther than that? The phase will wrap around for every 5 meter increment, i.e., you won't be able to tell the difference between 1 meter and 6 meters, 11 meters, 16 meters, etc, etc. What is the range of distances that you want to measure?

Ron H said:
erique82 said:
With 100MHz, the round-trip distance for 360 degrees is about 1.5 meters. Have you thought about how you will handle distances farther than that? The phase will wrap around for every 5 meter increment, i.e., you won't be able to tell the difference between 1 meter and 6 meters, 11 meters, 16 meters, etc, etc. What is the range of distances that you want to measure?

NO more Face on mars Avatar? I always liked that one.. (Everyone always wondered whether or not RON really is from earth)

Now, you're out on a range (?) shooting or are those ear-muffs? Commemorates your 2000th post!

EDIT sorry OP for OT

Optikon said:
Ron H said:
erique82 said:

NO more Face on mars Avatar? I always liked that one.. (Everyone always wondered whether or not RON really is from earth)

Now, you're out on a range (?) shooting or are those ear-muffs? Commemorates your 2000th post!

EDIT sorry OP for OT
I was beginning to wonder if anyone noticed.
That face on Mars was giving me the creeps. I decided to post my face on Earth, and give the rest of you guys the creeps. :twisted:
Those things on my ears are flightline earmuffs. I'm a rocket scientist.

NOT!

Actually, they're headphones. My son (older than most of you guys) took the picture in Northern Nevada while I was prospecting for gold (electronically, of course).

Ron H said:
Optikon said:
Ron H said:
erique82 said:

EDIT sorry OP for OT
I was beginning to wonder if anyone noticed.
That face on Mars was giving me the creeps. I decided to post my face on Earth, and give the rest of you guys the creeps. :twisted:
Those things on my ears are flightline earmuffs. I'm a rocket scientist.

NOT!

Actually, they're headphones. My son (older than most of you guys) took the picture in Northern Nevada while I was prospecting for gold (electronically, of course).

Cool.. prospecting for gold electronically ==> metal detector? probably your own design too I bet. :lol:

What's been your most exciting find?

Optikon said:
Cool.. prospecting for gold electronically ==> metal detector? probably your own design too I bet. :lol:

What's been your most exciting find?
I've only been prospecting with a metal detector for a couple of years, and I don't have much to show for it - about 8 or 10 little nuggets. I seriously had plans to design and build my own pulse induction metal detector, and did some design work on it, but I concluded that the technology was so advanced that it would take me several years to even get close to the performance you can buy. Having a full-time job :cry: , I decided that I would rather spend what little free time I have beeping for gold than designing. So I spent about a brazilian dollars (that's from a blonde joke) and bought a Minelab GP3000, which has already been superseded by the GP3500. I also have a Fisher Gold Bug II.

Erique82, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread. Optikon started it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back