Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modifying a light dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiterabbit

I need a light dimmer with very specific capabilities. They are as follows:

1. Regulate voltage from 70V up to 105V
2. Create as little EMI as possible
3. Be as small and light weight as possible
4. Provide a means for knowing the average voltage to a series connected run of lamps

I have purchased some components, an industrial phase angle control and a component for controling an led array to indicate voltage.

Looking over some commercial dimmers the other day (Lutron) I saw they had some with heat sinks and choke filters able to handle the load for about the same price as the industrial control which comes with just a fuse no case no filtering.

So sticking with the same plan but using a Commercial dimmer(without faceplate or knob) and the led arrays I was hoping I could accomplish what I set out to do a little more cost effectively and maybe even have a better end product.

I want to know if I can (For a Price Of Course) get somebody to assemble the first one and write down a few directions that I can follow to assemble the next one. I will send all the components.

This is for a light kit for photo and film use that I have designed and manufactured. Its taken me over a year so far and I dont have the brain left to learn this. Thanks for your time

Jorge P.
jorge@mantaproductions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back