Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modify Pc Laptop external power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnpearce

greetings...i have a dell 19.5 volt 6.7 amp laptop power supply that i want to modify to 9v to power guitar pedals. I bought new supply for my laptop then may laptop died. go figure.

is there an easy way for a novice to do this?

thanks for your ideas.

i don't wanna spend $100 bucks on a new one but i don't wanna get electrocuted either.

Thanks for the ideas.

It is probably pretty easy, but to be sure we need to know how much current your pedals need. Do they run on batteries now or a little power supply that would have the current rating on it?

all my pedals now run on 9volt batteries. i have 5 of those. i do have a boss gt8 which i blv runs on 18v. but i'm going to power it separately. i'm just trying to keep from buying an expensive supply like from voodoo and such. this all for living room use. no gigging. thanks

Using a SMPS to power anything that has to do with good quality audio is a bad idea. I'd be looking for a regulated DC supply that has a big transformer in it...

As mike says use a linear supply, you could rig a breakout box for a 1.5a supply, or how about an old laptop supply they usually chuck out 19v at 3amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back