Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

model train track switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbadger

ok everyone i am looking to add to my model railway something that will very slowly open and close train lines when approaching end of rail track so i can divert the engines into one of 22 seperate bays i know i will need some kind of drive motor but i can not find a motor that is geared for slow movement so i will need to add a driver circuit to limit the speed of the motor..does anyone have any ideas on this please

many thanks
badger

Not sure about Ebay there, but here they have some 6 volt 20 rpm gear motors for < 10$. Pretty sure they are made in China so you might find them in other places besides Ebay. I used a 60 rpm one in a servo and it worked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back