Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

model train question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shokjok

I've been asked about installing a sound decoder in a model train layout. The idea is to send a superimposed signal on the track power supply to all locomotives, with only a specific locomotive replying by sounding its horn, lights or engine.
The decoder is programmed by a handheld unit that plugs into the rail power link from the controller PSU.
I recall a Popular Electronics project that used a 2650 CPU to control home appliances with a BSR X-10 system. Can this project be adapted to this situation, or must I start from scratch with a commercial unit?

There are already **broken link removed** that do what you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back