Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model Train idea, a microcontroller engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Just putting some thoughts down for discussion. There are plenty of DCC controllers for model trains, but I wonder if it would be fun to make a microcontrolled engine that responded visually to track signals.
**broken link removed**

A good idea because a microcontroller is not distraced by a scantily clad pretty girl. The microcontroller is an Eunuch.

I think a real locomoto goes so fast that its driver can't see a naked pretty girl at the side of the tracks. The girl is with him unless he is a nerd.

I have built a few designs for DCC - e.g. a standalone DCC programmer with USB connection (PIC18F2455 based)

I think DCC is cool, I was just tinkering with a non DCC system (no data coming through the tracks, just power)
Working LED signals to set the speed. Possibly IR modulated data for programming the digital engineer. A slightly autonomous system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back