Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model Lighthouse Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maj812

I am a final year student and doing a project on model lighthouse but i am having a little trouble looking for the information on the model lighthouse.Can anyone here please give me any info about how the circuit lighthouse works in details..Please please helpp.><
Thanks in advance!=)

You have not given enough information to allow us to answer your question without guessing.

You did not say what you were in the final year of (what field).

You are to make a model lighthouse. Can it be all you need is a rotating light ?

Perhaps this is a joke ?

Last edited:
Sorry for not giving u enough info and its not a joke......
Final year student of Electronic and Communication Engineering and its my first time doing this project.So i am abit blur about this topic.
Yes,i knw i need a rotating light..but i want to know how does the inside circuit and the whole process/steps of model lighthouse works?

(astronomy) An explanation of superluminal motion wherein a rotating beam from a quasar illuminates stationary clouds that reflect the radio waves to earth, analogous to a lighthouse beacon.

This is where it can create confusion when the term "model lighthouse" or "lighthouse model" is used.

Lighthouses have been around for literally hundreds of years and over their period of use really evolved using newer technologies along the way. Most in the US today are little more than historic landmarks but some still function as the perverbial guiding light on waterways.

The circuits behind the "rotating light" really depend on the type of lamp in use and the rotational rate of the motor rotating them as well as if they rotate 360 degrees or some part thereof.

This whole project really depends on where you want to go with it and the type of lighthouse if conventional lighthouse is what you have in mind.

Ron

I've got one in my backyard, solar powered, an ATtiny13 flashes 5 bright white LEDs in sequence. Started on a second one, with 8 LEDs and a ATtiny2313, built the circuit first, then tried to program the chip. Unfortunately, couldn't get it to burn, tried quite a few, ISP, HV, still no go, even tried with an 8 MHz crystal (last succesful 2313 project), still nothing. Pretty weird, can still program my other chips, just not 2313. Didn't have 8 more bright whites, so it still sits. The $12 resin Lighthouse had a single amber LED, and was dim, but the model looks nice. Has eight clear windows, which is why I wanted 8 leds...

Back to the thread, as a school project, you really need to give us more detail, since it's college, doubt mine would give more than a laugh, unless you are studying ways to improve cheap manufactured Chinese products...

Last edited:
My project is on this " Model Lighthouse Project "
i did a lot of research on this but i just cant seem to understand some part. T.T
1) when i use 555 timer on multisim, is it suppose to give me a very long low pulses before it reaches to its high pulses?
2) why the 4017 decade counter only receive clock pulse?y not sine wave?
3) when i tried to redraw the whole circuit on the multisim, the lamp light up only once..I dunno whether i am connecting it right or not..
Heres the ciruit tat i have redrew...
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• Model Lighthouse Circuit.jpg
    Model Lighthouse Circuit.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 391
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back