Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model Car LED Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

koliver_va

I need help with a circuit to show the winner of a wooden model car race. This is something that they do in Scouts. They race four cars on a set track and all cars will pass by a sensor in there track. This can be feed into a computer or a stand alone display displaying how is 1,2,3rd of 4th. Any ideas will be helpful.
Thanks

you could try a sensor system using infared. that is how our conveyor works at work. the emiter is on bottom, and so is the collector. to make things simpler for u as far as optics go, put the collector opposite of the emmiter in the track. Think of those door chime things in small shops when u walk in they make the ding sound. You then can have it set off a trigger circut.

just fyi. when i was in scouts, ours used a pressure sensor at the end of the track. had some foam on it to protect the cars. first to hit it won and went down the list.

The trigger part I have, it is that we wanted to have a display that says 1, 2, 3 and 4 over the track. If track 1 is second then on a LED display the number 2 will be there. I was looking at optic's and diodes in the track to be the trigger. It has been YEARS I was in school for this. Radio Shack just introduced the Model One Computer.
Thanks, for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back