Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile phone detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell phones in developed countries use many frequency bands. It takes a number of complicated circuits to detect each band.
How many and which frequency bands are used in your country?
What is the max distance you want to detect a cell phone that is transmitting?
Will the cell phone be transmitting at max power because the signal is weak or at reduced power because the signal is stong?

Perhaps the OP could train a Parrot to say "cell phone in range" when it sees a cellphone.
**broken link removed****broken link removed**

mobile project

hi;
how can i get a dial tone from my mobile phone like land phone tone?
my progect is to convert my mobile phone to a telluler...

to audioqoro:

helo.. plz can u tell me, if we want to inccrease the range of a cell phone detector circuit.. in which transistors are used... how can we increase the range... and should we change the wire antenna too?n should we change the capacitor value or wht.. plz reply me soon waiting for ur reply

to audioqoro:

helo.. plz can u tell me, if we want to inccrease the range of a cell phone detector circuit.. in which transistors are used... how can we increase the range... and should we change the wire antenna too?n should we change the capacitor value or wht.. plz reply me soon waiting for ur reply

Read this thread.

He talks about a circuit that uses transistors but he forgot to attach the schematic!

EDIT: Oh. It is his first post on this website so maybe his attachment is blocked until it is moderated.
Then we are all waiting and waiting and ...

Last edited:
to audioqoro:

helo.. plz can u tell me, if we want to inccrease the range of a cell phone detector circuit.. in which transistors are used... how can we increase the range...
Yes change the transistors to ones with low noise and high Ft.

and should we change the wire antenna too?
Yes definitely, something with a high gain such as a yagi would be ideal.

n should we change the capacitor value or wht.. plz reply me soon waiting for ur reply
n?
n?

The capacitor has to resonate with the inductor at the frequency you are trying to receive, only change it if absolutely necessary.

JimB

we want to increase the range of a cell phone detector circuit.. in which transistors are used... how can we increase the range...
But this lousy circuit uses an opamp (not transistors) that has its inputs overloaded by the strong signal from a nearby cell phone and it does not have a radio circuit.
You might be able to add an RF amplifier circuit to its input but it must be a wideband microwave amplifier.

i wd ignr it n fnd a nw cct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back