Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile mini robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsin

Hi all.
I'm final year student. I'm actually taking a project which called mobile mini robot.
It needed wireless communication between PC and robots but i'll be doing 1 robot first instead of robots.
the question i would like to ask is:
1) what microcontroller is the best to achieve on robot? PIC16F877 is it possible?
2) can you all tell me which wireless communication is better and cheaper?
3) i would like to add up some sensors on it. so i decide to use IR sensors to sense the obstacle. can you all provide me some info on it?

thanks!!!

Hi,
i am working on a similar project and using the PIC16F877A
for wireless communication, there is RS232 wireless chip, I havent tried it yet but i know a guy used it for a project and says its easy to use

for sensors and ideas check this website:
How to Build a Robot Tutorial - Society of Robots

and if you using the PIC16F877
this website is a good start:
https://www.mikroe.com/en/books/picbasicbook/06.htm

you can use proximity sensor to detect objects

now i am trying to find a speed sensor to put on my project,,

Hi,
i am working on a similar project and using the PIC16F877A
for wireless communication, there is RS232 wireless chip, I havent tried it yet but i know a guy used it for a project and says its easy to use

for sensors and ideas check this website:
How to Build a Robot Tutorial - Society of Robots

and if you using the PIC16F877
this website is a good start:
https://www.mikroe.com/en/books/picbasicbook/06.htm

you can use proximity sensor to detect objects

now i am trying to find a speed sensor to put on my project,,

oh that's cool! RS232 chip can be used for wireless communication between PC and robot? if u got any information about that do please tell me...i'm really appreciate that you provide this useful link for me....
I'm more familiar on using C programming.
but thanks anyway...thank you very much...

Hi...bentech4u..can you tell me what is this IC for?
is it wireless comm btw pc and robot?

frnd please search MICRF 007 & 102's data sheet

this is wireless TXR & RXR (Coil less)

this is a simple 8 legged IC-you can get the ful circuit & PCB design in original data sheet

thanks

oh that's cool! RS232 chip can be used for wireless communication between PC and robot? if u got any information about that do please tell me...i'm really appreciate that you provide this useful link for me....
I'm more familiar on using C programming.
but thanks anyway...thank you very much...

i will ask my friend about that and let you know soon

hi,

i think its better you switch to 18f series(probably 18f4550) as it has got usb interface and you can easily program it using c18 compiler:)

regards

my first bot

i used this PIC18F4550 before when i was doing my diploma project. But i don't think that USB is neccessary for me because i'm using wireless. furthermore usb interface's code is not that easy and need some time to understand the coding.

Personally I'd also recommend an 18f over the 16f. More memory higher clock speed better instruction set an was designed with c in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back