Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash20

hi.
i have a n-79 cell phone... i want to make a circuit for charging it using ways other than electricity like using solar cell or photo diode etc.. but i am unable to design the circuit... can anyone help me with the circuit??
the circuit should be able to charge with 3.7 v as needed by n-79 to charge...

thanks in advance to anyone helping.. :)

um..you could make a static energy collector, so it would charge when you rub your feet on the carpet

um..you could make a static energy collector, so it would charge when you rub your feet on the carpet
yaw and the static discharge may blow the phone to smithereens.....

a high load on the input in to a tank and transistor to switch when the tank is full....

............I wonder how many times OP'd need to rub his feet to get a full charge!?:)

hi.
i have a n-79 cell phone... i want to make a circuit for charging it using ways other than electricity like using solar cell or photo diode etc.. but i am unable to design the circuit... can anyone help me with the circuit??
the circuit should be able to charge with 3.7 v as needed by n-79 to charge...

thanks in advance to anyone helping.. :)

3.7V is easy! What is hard is the 0.1A to 0.5A required to charge the phone in a reasonable (short) time. It takes a large solar panel ( 20cm by 20cm) or 10,000 photo diodes to come close to what an AC powered charger does.

well then is there any ic which can convert dc to ac?? i will think of the rest circuit myself...

charger for mobile

is there any ic which can convert dc to ac??

actually i want to make a mobile charger which could be taken anywhere. so i think if anyone helps to find out about an IC converting dc to ac, then i could think of rest circuitary...

well then is there any ic which can convert dc to ac?? i will think of the rest circuit myself...

Yes, but were are you going to get the 2 to 10WATTS of DC that are required? 2 to 10Watts of Solar Energy can be done, but only with hundreds of cm² of photovoltaic area.

Last edited:
No, but for charging a cell phone from DC, I have one in my car that came with my cell phone. I have bought similar ones at garage sales for $0.25. They all seem to use the same chip: MC34063A

when you say AC I assume you are talking about 120v 60hz, you need an inverter, to go DC to AC, but i think that's overkill

IF you just want a AC wall charger for your phone may i suggest ebay for 20$ or so,

the big question here is what are you going to charge it with>? (what is the source of energy?)

If you don't want to use solar, what do you want to use, note that no matter what you need electricity to charge batteries, but what are you using to GENERATE the electricity?

PS battery chargers output DC..

ohh thanks.. :) well then i must quit the idea of dc to ac converter ic.. but then is there a way to amplify dc to such a power and voltage level that i will be able to use it for mobile charging??

Amplifying Power violates the laws of Thermodynamics, unless there is energy input from somewhere else.

Vin*Iin = η*Vout*Iout, where η<1. You can step up voltage, but current is stepped down simultaneously. You can step up current, but voltage is stepped down simultaneously. You cannot step up voltage and current simultaneously.

you are looking for a DC-to-DC converter, , but again ,, before you get in to anything you need to ask yourself "where am I getting my power"

odds are the source you choose wont even need a converter, but some resistors

okk... well now i have dropped the idea.... its best to pre-charge the phone before going anywhere... thanks to all.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back