Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile CD drive repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamarama

Hello everyone

I recently got an old Toshiba Libretto with the CD drive used to install windows, however this drive was faulty (Could not eject disks, seemed to spin up but couldn't read them.)

I spotted an identical drive on ebay and bought it, however it has the same fault.

The drives are type F-TO-TCD-24

Has anyone ever used these drives and had to fix one? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

UPDATE - I was reluctant to open it up just so I could return it if I got no replies, but decided to wager my couple of quid. I'm glad I did as I found there was just a simple ATAPI drive and a gender bender inside, so once I find a suitable drive cheap I'll get that fixed.

Sorry for double posting, but thought this might be useful for someone in the future, rather than the usual scenario of chasing up vauge threads from 2002 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back