Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile audio mixer and mono amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel, mobile as in motor vehivle permanently mounted. The intended purpose is "radio rebroadcast" ie the radio in in the car and I want to hear it (and others) outside the car at an amplified level, with a provision for PA

Earthshaker said:
Nigel, mobile as in motor vehivle permanently mounted. The intended purpose is "radio rebroadcast" ie the radio in in the car and I want to hear it (and others) outside the car at an amplified level, with a provision for PA

Try having a look at **broken link removed**, which has a number of mixer and amplifier designs - however, the big problem in a car is the lack of voltage?.

sometimes yes sometimes no. the reason I have inquired about this particular problem is because years ago you could buy a small mobile pa system that was about the size of a car cassette player, 50 watts output
but now days there is nothing available except 50 and 100 watt sirens but I really don't want or need the temptation, why isn't there anymore mobile pa systems that are compact? So I quess I will have to build my own system.

Earthshaker said:
sometimes yes sometimes no. the reason I have inquired about this particular problem is because years ago you could buy a small mobile pa system that was about the size of a car cassette player, 50 watts output
but now days there is nothing available except 50 and 100 watt sirens but I really don't want or need the temptation, why isn't there anymore mobile pa systems that are compact? So I quess I will have to build my own system.

You can still buy them, companies like Eagle make them - they use a speaker matching transformer to overcome the voltage limitations in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back