Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixing signals for optical Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr CCE

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on an experiment that involves an AM and FM modulated signal being mixed together someway so I can transmit the mixed signal through an optical Link ( IR led,fiber optic,photoTransistor ).

On the Rx side the two signals will be separated and each one properly demodulated.

My question is: How can I mix these two signals and consequently how can I "Un-mix" them?

thx very much for any help in advance,

best regards

Last edited:
If the two signal carriers are far enough apart in frequency then you could linearly sum them together, and use that to linear amplitude modulate the optical link transmitter. At the receive end you would linearly recover the signal and send it through two narrow filters to separate the two signals back into their respective individual signals. These can then be demodulated using the respective AM and FM demodulators.

I would consider using a microcontroller doing 2 channel ADC and sending digital data, then using another micro to decode the digital data and produce 2 DAC or 2 PWM etc as needed.

You might even be able to get some of the common ADC/DAC chips they use to send 2 channed digital audio over optical link, that's a pretty standard task these days and many appliances have optical connetors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back