Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixer project for game output

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkim100

Banned
Howdy little buckaroos.
My 11 year old son likes to record the output of his Wii Game Console onto DVD to place hints and tips on how to win the game on U-Tube (supposidly a common thing to do).
The Wii RCA outputs (I dont know what type of signal they carry) consist of Video, Audio-Right, and Audio-Left with RCA connectors that he simply feeds into the input of a DVD-PVR.

He would like to add commentary to the game, as he plays it, and records it.

So... is it possible to interrupt one of the audio outputs and mix it with the audio from a mike, prior to feeding it into the PVR.
I dont even know what audio level signals Im dealing with...are they Line Level????
I just need a nice simple mixing circuit...nothing fancy, as the audio isnt exactly high quality...lotsa explosions squeeks, and squawks....and if not that, maybe point to a nice simple cheap unit that would do this...I dont havta make everything ya know!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
found this...will it work??

Again, I dont know what type of signal/levels that are in use here, but I may have tripped over a circuit, here....

http://www.geocities.com/tomzi.geo/mixer/mixer.html
Thank God for whomever runs Discovery circuits, and may his children be free of the scorage of excessive ugliness that haunts the electronic experimenters field.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sorry, but that's an absolutely useless non-mixer - so bad it's unreal.

You just need an opamp connected as a vurtual earth mixer - there are examples everywhere, many on here in old threads.

Im afraid that that may be a bit above his skillset, and I just want it to be easy for him, and for whatever reason...he would prefer to do this "live"

the pc is the way to go

just record the video and audio then using your pc go in and edit the audio in windows media player/movie maker
start/all programs/accessories and proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back